The Texas A&M University Women’s Chorus was founded in 1979 by Patricia P.Fleitas. Its members consist of approximately fifty talented young women who are dedicated to choral excellence and possess a true passion for music. The choir rehearses an average of five hours a week and is also a student organization at Texas A&M with student officers. These women take pride in themselves and their organization as they represent Texas A&M University across Texas, the nation, and abroad.
The Texas A&M Women’s Chorus is so much more than just a way to share music for its members. They are a group built on fostering not only musical excellence but also leadership and sisterhood. They have their own traditions that make them a fun and unique group on campus. They hold numerous social events to encourage ladies to get to know one another, and because of this social aspect many girls create lifelong friendships and have an even better musical experience.
What We Do
- Texas A&M Women’s Chorus Fall Concert
- Texas A&M Women’s Chorus in the Holiday Spirit of Aggieland concert, held the first Sunday in December, along with the Singing Cadets and Century Singers
- During the end of January up to Valentine’s the Women’s Chorus does their famous Singing Valentines!
- During April, Women’s Chorus will take a weekend tour across Texas. In the past they have traveled to the Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio areas. The intent on these tours is to share their passion for singing with audiences across Texas.
- Following their tour, Women’s Chorus participates in a Spring Concert and banquet, which allows the ladies to look back on the year and celebrate the group’s accomplishments.
- The final performance of the academic year occurs at Aggie Muster, where all of Choral Activities has the honor of celebrating the fallen Aggies of the past year through music. Muster is held annually on April 21st.
Spring and Fall Semesters:
- Texas A&M Women’s Chorus also does singing birthday grams all year as well! (even during Valentine!)
Every three years Women’s Chorus has the opportunity to travel internationally for a week-long tour at the beginning of the summer. Previous tour destinations have included adventures in China, Canada, the Czech Republic, England, Hungary, and Slovakia, and Romania.
Check out our Upcoming Events!
Do you want to be a part of the Women’s Chorus?
Check out our ‘Auditions‘ tab! It’s at the top of your screen!